The Library maintains a database record (catalogue) of physical and digital library resources, including books, reference materials, digital resources, periodicals, and magazines.
The library catalogue (Destiny) is available on the Internet, which provides access and research from school and home.? Destiny has many facets suitable to assisting students with academic research.
There are two libraries on the ISNS campus: an Early Years Library, serving K4-Grade 2; and a Main Library, serving Grade 3-12.? Both the EY Library and Main Library are open to staff, students, and parents from 8:00AM – 4:00PM.
Library Policies and Procedure
- In order to borrow materials or resources from the library, the student must have a valid ID card.
- Only the librarian or assistants will check books in or out to students.
- Students cannot sign out reference books from the library; however, teachers may sign out reference books for in-class projects only after arranging it with the librarian.? All reference books are to be back in the library at the end of each day or at the end of the project.
- The librarian or assistants will check for overdue books and email reports to homeroom teachers.
- Students/parents are responsible for books they have not returned.? Lost or missing books will be replaced at the student's/parent's expense: twice the purchase price of the book, which covers costs associated with reordering and shipping.
- The signing out and returning of the books in Mandarin is the responsibility of the Mandarin teachers - only the Mandarin teachers can sign out and sign these books back in.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the libraries.
- The library is an academic environment which must be conducive to study and learning.? Students wishing to use the library must be mindful of the environment and maintain quiet and respectful behavior toward others.